Does/can KT interfere with absorption of antibiotics?
Does/can KT interfere with the absorption of antibiotics?From: Colleen Allen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The destruction of certain antibiotics are accelerated by the increased acid content in the stomach from acidic foods. Of course Kombucha falls under that category too. So it would be a good idea to take your antibiotic a couple hours before, or a couple hours after eating or drinking acidic food.
The information source for the following is: The Drug and Food Interaction [NMSU College of Agriculture & Home Economics] Guide E-507 by Alice Jane Hendley, Diet and Health Specialist.
EFFECTS OF FOODS AND NUTRIENTS ON DRUGS
If you take antibiotics be careful with acidic foods such as caffeine, tomatoes, fruit juices. Acidic foods can increase destruction of the antibiotic in the stomach.
No comments yet.
- “Friends” and “foes” in my organic garden
- Session with Dato’ Lat – 1 Nov 2009
- Fruits of my labour
- Pot of herbs and flowers
- bouquet of organic flowers
- line dancing – Bandar Sunway
- herb and flower basket
- Mien Kum – thai appetizer
- Foo Shearn’s drawings
- Bio dynamic farming (Qi farming)- 20 June 2009
- Singing at Brickfields temple- 28June 2009
- New Subang Centre – 15 April 2009